Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF HOMEFACTORYSHOP.COM
Your access to and use of the Home Factory Shop website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions which, by accessing and browsing this site, you accept with your general usage of the site.
These Conditions govern your use of www.homefactoryshop.com; by using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not continue using www.homefactoryshop.com
We may revise these Conditions from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Orders placed online are an offer to purchase made by you and may be accepted by us subject to availability. You must be 18 or over to order from us. Home Factory Shop reserves the right to cancel any order in the event that the product(s) are unavailable, misplaced or undeliverable. In the event that we are unable to supply the product(s), we will automatically highlight this as being out of stock.
A series of basic online steps are required to create a binding contract between you and us:
- You confirm your order for products on our website by pressing the ‘Pay Now’ button at the end of the checkout process.
- You will receive an order confirmation email detailing the product(s) you have ordered provided the email address we hold for you has been entered correctly. If the email address is wrong you will not receive an email. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Home Factory Shop.
- When your order is dispatched from our warehouse we will send you a shipping confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and Home Factory Shop will take place on the dispatch to you of the products ordered from our warehouse unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions given for contract cancellation.
- Risk of loss and damage of product(s) passes to you on the date when the product(s) are delivered.
- If due to technical errors in pricing and/or details incorrectly shown on our website, inability to gain authorisation on your payment or your product being unavailable from stock, we reserve the right to not accept orders.
Each product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated dispatch dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on www.homefactoryshop.com are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
Please take into consideration that all the sizes stated on our website are approximate and the colours in product images may appear slightly different depending on the resolution and settings of your device screen, of which we cannot be held responsible.
The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order with the following exception:
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur from time to time. If we discover an error in the price of a product(s) you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. Therefore we cannot confirm the price of a product until your order is accepted in accordance with our Terms of Sale. If we are unable to contact you within 48 hours we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel the order, you will receive a full refund.
- If the online price of the product(s) is reduced after you have placed your order, but before you have received the order, we will happily honour this price reduction. Please contact usfor assistance.
The ownership of any product(s) you order on this website shall pass to you on delivery provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the products.
All prices shown on our website are in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT at the current rate, where applicable. Prices exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise. We reserve the right to change prices if there is a change to the rate of VAT and we will endeavour to ensure that prices are correctly shown.
Home Factory Shop accepts payment by credit or debit cards registered to a UK address, or PayPal and Amazon Payment accounts registered to a UK address. We accept the following cards: Maestro, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Solo and Visa Credit.
We will take all reasonable care to keep your order and payment details secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party gains unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from our website.
- All prices shown on the website are inclusive of VAT.
- We accept online payment in a secure environment and we accept all major credit and debit cards registered to UK addresses with the exception of American Express.
- We also accept payment via UK registered PayPal and Amazon Payment accounts.
- We do not accept payment by cheque, cash or via our free helpline.
- We will only charge postage once per order, regardless of how many parcels we need to dispatch.
- You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours.
- All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
- If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be liable for delay or non-delivery.
Your security is our highest priority and we have invested in 3D Secure to give our customers complete peace of mind.
3D Secure is a security measure now required by most banks. This extra step to complete your order protects your card from fraudulent use online. When you click on the 'Pay Now' button you will see a window open up entitled 3D Secure Authentication. The onscreen instructions will take you through the required steps.
When submitting your card details, depending on the card type you have entered for your payment, you will be redirected to a secure Visa or Master Card page. These pages are on your bank’s secure servers and at no stage will Home Factory Shop be able to see or access this information.
If you have already registered your card for 3D Secure, you will be asked to enter your 3D Secure password. If you have not registered your card before, you will have the option to do so, there and then. If you have not registered your card and do not wish to do so you may have the option to skip the process depending on your card type and your bank. Some banks are forcing mandatory sign up to the scheme to upgrade your security to the highest level with immediate effect.
Home Factory Shop recommends that your sign up to this new security measure, it is for your protection when shopping online, it will soon become that standard mechanism for all online shopping websites.
Your bank/card provider will be happy to provide you with more information regarding 3D Secure.
For full Delivery details please click here.
Home Factory Shop endeavours to fulfil orders as quickly as possible, in the event that we are unable to dispatch your order within the stated time frame, we will contact you to inform you of the delay and where possible, advise you on an estimated time of arrival. If a product is temporarily out of stock we will contact you and inform you of this and give you the option of a partial or full refund of your order.
- Order must be placed before 2 pm (Monday - Friday) to qualify for next working day delivery. Next working day delivery is only available on selected products and excludes some Remote Areas. Please see our Delivery page for a list of Remote Area postcodes.
- All deliveries must be deliverable to the address stated, however, special instructions can be given i.e. deliver to your office, neighbour, etc. We do not offer timed deliveries, however, you will be informed of a 1-hour window for the estimated time or arrival. All delivery instructions must be agreed at the time of placing the order.
- A VAT Invoice can be supplied upon request and will be emailed to you as an attachment.
Please click here to view our Returns Policy.
All Home Factory Shop orders are dispatched promptly; therefore we are unable to amend your order once it has been dispatched. To cancel your order under the Consumer Contract (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you can refuse delivery or follow our returns process within 14 days of receipt of your order, you then have a further 14 days to return your order for a full refund, including the standard delivery charge applied to your order.
To exercise your right of cancellation, send us back with full transaction details and the reason for return. email to let us know what you’re sending us back at email@example.com.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the product(s) have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning the product(s) to us at your own cost (unless we delivered the product(s) in error or if the product(s) are damaged or defective when delivered). The product(s) must be returned to the address shown on the Returns page. You must take all reasonable care to ensure that no damage is caused in the meantime or while in transit.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, and provided the product(s) have been received in an acceptable condition, we will refund you within 3-5 working days, any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or another account.
Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if you buy from us online, your consumer rights entitle you to cancel your order and obtain a full refund if you request one within 14 days after delivery (or if your order contains a number of products that are delivered separately, from receipt of the last item).
We will refund the cost of the product(s) including the standard delivery charge applied to your order. We may make a deduction from the amount refunded to you if the product(s) have been used, parts are missing or if the original packaging has been damaged.
Your statutory rights in respect of faulty, damaged or missing items or products which are not as described are not affected.
All intellectual property rights in www.homefactoryshop.com and material on the website, unless otherwise stated, are owned by Home Factory Shop or our licensors. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual rights in all materials and/or content made available as part of your use of www.homefactoryshop.com remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by our licensors or us.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- Republish images or other material from www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website)
- Reproduce, transmit, duplicate, publish, display, copy or otherwise exploit material (including any images, logos or descriptions) on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website)
- You may not use this website, or its contents, to further any commercial purpose, including advertising or advertising revenue generation activity.
- Use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website.
- Use www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- Use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express consent
- Use our website to copy, publish or send mass mailings or spam.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material posted upon our website. In respect of all material that you post on our website, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights.
This website may only be used for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the website and any transactions conducted on or through the website.
Selected products are subject to age restrictions, as shown on the individual product pages. By ordering products subject to the age restrictions, you are confirming to us that you have reached the age stated, as required by law. All parts of your order will be cancelled if we cannot verify your age using the details you provide.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that user ID and password is kept confidential. You accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your user ID or password.
We may disable your user ID and password at our sole discretion or if you breach any of the policies or terms governing your use of our website or any other contractual obligation you owe to us.
The information on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) is correct, we make no warranties whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. Nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) is kept up-to-date.
Please note the product images on www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) are simply an indication of the colour and style of the product, which we feel best represent the product(s) you will receive. You acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of colour variance and that www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website) cannot wholly guarantee that the colour of the product on the product images exactly and accurately matches the product received.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these Conditions or in connection with www.homefactoryshop.com (including republication on another website), whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under terms and conditions or in connection with our website, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions and our Privacy & Cookies Policy govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Home Factory Shop and you are expected to do.
You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
These Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law, and any disputes relating to these Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
If you have made a complaint and have exhausted all the options provided by Home Factory Shop, or you are not satisfied with the resolution we have provided, you have the right to refer your dispute to Alternative Dispute Resolution. You can find a list of Trading Standards approved ADR providers here.
Alternatively there is an EU wide ADR mechanism available to consumers which you can access here.
If we are unable to resolve a complaint that you make to us within eight weeks you can take your complaint to RetailADR. This is an independent organisation, which specialises in providing Alternative Dispute Resolution services for consumers and retailers. As members of the organisation, we are bound by their code of practice and they can be contacted via:
Our registered office & trading address is:
Home Factory Shop
Grane Road Mill
Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions.
For any further information or queries, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also means that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK. Much of the UK’s WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health. Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Home Factory Shop is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us. For example, if a customer bought a new lamp from us we would accept their old lamp and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item – if you intend to return your old item to us for this purpose, please contact us by email together with your order number, so we can make collection arrangements. Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed out wheelie bin symbol shown below. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.
From now on all new electrical products that can be recycled will carry this ‘crossed out wheelie bin' symbol to help you remember to recycle them.
All items returned under the WEEE take-back, should be marked with the below address details:
Home Factory Shop
Grane Road Mill